OverviewCertified What's NewSimilar to 7
Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive hard disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to hard disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can't be missed. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) hard disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Portable version
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Portable version can be used to diagnose hard disk drive and SSD devices in any computer without installation or modification of any settings, files on the appropriate computer. It can be effectively used from a pendrive (or other removable device) by system integrators and advanced users to periodically diagnose and test hard disk drives, however it does not provide real-time protection offered by the installed Hard Disk Sentinel Professional version.
The Portable version contains all tests, diagnostic functions, options and features of Hard Disk Sentinel Professional, except some functions applicable for the installed version only (automatically start with Windows, use in Service mode, configure data folder location).
The use of Portable version requires a license for Hard Disk Sentinel Professional. To fully utilize both the installed version (to get real-time 7/24 protection) and the Portable version (to diagnose hard disks in different systems), separate licenses or use of a Family license (with both versions) is required.
The amount of computers (and hard disk drives, SSDs in those systems) is not limited - as the Portable version is used with only one computer at any given time, it can be moved to an other when preferred.
Improvements and new features:
- re-designed new graphics, icons, added high resolution images for high DPI settings
- changed colors and behaviour of user interface elements for improved visibility
- added Windows 11 style hard disk icons (Configuration -> Disk Control -> Disk Icon Set) to show disk usage and the status based on Health %
- Information page: display USB ID for easier identification of drives in Windows Safely Remove Hardware devices list
- Information page: show device type: fixed disk or removable with "surprise remove possible" or "safely remove required"
- detect and report USB version and generation for USB hard disks, USD SSDs, USD pendrives, USB-NVMe adapters
- additional information in text description:
- show warning when USB 2.0 connection limits the performance of the disk drive
- show warning when USB 2.0 connection can degrade the disk drive due to insufficient power
- show warning when the disk drive reached the end of designed lifetime and the chance of sudden failure may be higher
- show warning when the disk drive seems fake USB pendrive / SSD where the stored data may be damaged/corrupted
- multiple temperature sensors: double click on a temperature S.M.A.R.T. attribute on the S.M.A.R.T. page to select the sensor to be used to determine/report temperature of the drive (then showing (Active) for the selected temperature attribute on the S.M.A.R.T. page)
Improved hardware support:
- added support of Kingston DataTraveler MAX : detect health, temperature, S.M.A.R.T. status of Kingston DataTraveler MAX series pendrives
- added support of Terramaster D5-300 RAID enclosure: detect health, temperature and complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of drives in RAID configuration
- added support of Oyen Digital Mobius Pro 2C RAID device: detect and display disk status, health, temperature information
- added support of Oyen Digital MOBIUS 5-drive (RAID) enclosure: detect status of hard disk drives in RAID or standalone configuration
- added support of I-O DATA HDS2-UT dual (RAID) enclosure: detect status of hard disk drives in RAID configuration
- added support of new AMD RAID driver 9.3.2: detect SATA and NVMe drive status in AMD RAID configuration on AMD x670
- added support of DockCase DSWC1P USB-M.2 (NVMe/SATA) adapter
- added support of ASUS Tuf Gaming A1 USB 3.2 NVMe adapter
- added and improved detection with some USB-NVMe adapters
- added support of ACOS SATA SSDs, Fanxiang S101, Go-Infinity SSD, ZOZT G3000, SQUARE ES 550, Ramsta R900 SSDs
- added support of RAIDON IR2771-S3 new/updated firmware 19.1.12-8
- added support of DELL Perc H755 SAS/SATA RAID controller: detect status of disk drives in RAID configuration
- added support of QNAP QDA-A2MAR 2x M.2 SSD -> SATA SSD RAID solution: detect SSD status and S.M.A.R.T. information in RAID configuration
- improved support of QNAP TR-002 USB RAID enclosure: detect disk drive status and S.M.A.R.T. information in RAID / JBOD / standalone configuration
- improved support and reporting of 22 TB WD hard disk drives, Toshiba 18 TB hard disk drives
- improved Device Specific Information on various AMD chipsets with AMD SATA AHCI controller or Standard SATA AHCI controller drivers
- improved support of Samsung NVMe SSDs with Intel RST VMD controller
- improved support/health display of SanDisk SDSSDH3 models when new/unused
- improved disk status display for various SATA SSDs with AMD RAID configuration
- improved disk status display for hard disks/SSDs selected to be displayed when they're offline (no longer connected)
- improved support of various SAS drives
- improved compatibility with various USB devices
- improved display of offline/network attached storage SSDs
- extended AMD RAID detection when higher number of hard disk drives / SSDs connected
- improved Health % reporting for intensively used Indilinx Barefoot SSD
- improved detection and reporting of LSI SATA/SAS RAID when disk(s) missing from the configuration
- improved detection and reporting of AVAGO MR9341 SATA/SAS RAID configuration
- improved detection and reporting of HP RAID configuration
- improved detection and reporting of APPLE SSD
- improved compatibility with GLOWAY SSD, HP SSD 600, Patriot Burst Elite SSD, Patriot P210 SSD, PNY SSD, PNY ELITE SSD, Toshiba SATA SSD, Kingston SSD, Swissbit SSD
- improved support of some Sandisk, Intel, LiteOn SATA SSDs, Transcend TS120GSSD220S SSD, WDS120G2G0A-00, Lexar SATA SSD, XRAYDISK SATA SSD, KINGSPEC SATA SSD, WALRAM SSD
- improved USB RAID enclosure detection and reporting in general
- improved Device Specific Information reporting with Micron SATA SSDs
- improved support of Intel Pro 5400s SSDs
- improved ASMEDIA RAID detection in Portable mode
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various Sandisk SSDs
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various Patriot SSDs
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various DELL-specific SSDs
- improved compatibility with Axagon CRE-SAC card reader
- improved report of bad sectors on various SATA drives
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- improved mouse wheel handling: scrolling the list on the main window when mouse moved over it
- improved XML reports generated with non-standard DMI information
- fixed: Kingston XS2000 HTML report was incomplete
- fixed: new WDC PC SA530 SSDs may showed 1% health
- fixed: disk capacity / model ID display during surface test when Korean or Chinese language selected
- saving additional Windows 10 / 11 version information
- minor improvements
Fast servers and clean downloads. Tested on TechSpot Labs. Here's why you can trust us.
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Download
Software similar to Hard Disk Sentinel Professional 7
SanDisk SSD Dashboard 188.8.131.52
The Dashboard helps users maintain peak performance of SanDisk SSDs in Windows operating systems with a user-friendly graphical interface for the user.
Samsung SSD Magician 184.108.40.2060
The Samsung SSD Magician software facilitates easy maintenance and use of Samsung SSD products connected to a desktop or notebook computer.
SSD Tweaker 4.0.1
Optimize and Restore Performance of your SSD in Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
Corsair SSD Toolbox 220.127.116.11
The Corsair SSD Toolbox provides users with several powerful and useful tools for use with Corsair SSDs.
- More similar downloads
Popular appsin System Information
Macs Fan Control
Western Digital DLG Diagnostics
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks.What is hard disk Sentinel Pro? ›
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks.Is Hard Disk Sentinel any good? ›
Is Hard Disk Sentinel safe? Hard Disk Sentinel is a popular and legal application that helps to monitor, analyze, and repair hard drives. It should be safe to use. But you need to pay attention that the software will remove data stored on the disk while some features are running.Can I use hard disk Sentinel for free? ›
From time to time, with some of our partners a REAL, valid, licensed version is available for free. Those can be used for unlimited time for non-commercial use.Is Hard Disk Sentinel necessary? ›
An HDD Sentinel not only tells you about the work efficacy of all of your drives, but it also alerts you about their temperature and the speed of data transfer in real-time so that it is easier for you to spot any major or minor issues relating to the performance of your disk.Is Hard Disk Sentinel good for SSD? ›
Hard Disk Sentinel is a disk monitoring software that is very effective for SSDs. With this software, you can easily test, diagnose, and repair any problems with your solid-state drives. It also provides benchmarking capabilities, which can tell you if there is any potential performance degradation.Can I use HDD Sentinel for SSD? ›
Hard Disk Sentinel is compatible and supports the detection of all SSD (solid state disk drives) models, regardless of their connection and size. Hard Disk Sentinel automatically detects and displays the supported features of these solid state disk drives.Can hard disk sentinel repair bad sectors? ›
Re: How do you fix a bad sector? Please use Disk menu -> Surface test -> Disk Repair function in Hard Disk Sentinel. This designed exactly to repair, FIX problems related to disk sectors (which are technically not bad sectors, but weak sectors: any tool showing them as "bad" are incorrect).What is the best hard disk for computer? ›
- Seagate FireCuda 8TB HDD. Best High-End Desktop Hard Drive, Best Workstation Hard Drive. ...
- WD Black 8TB HDD. Best Alternative High-End Desktop Hard Drive. ...
- WD Blue 8TB HDD. Best Budget Desktop Hard Drive. ...
- Seagate IronWolf Pro 20TB HDD. Best NAS Hard Drive. ...
- WD Red Pro 20TB HDD. ...
- Seagate Exos X20 20TB HDD. ...
- Seagate SkyHawk AI 20TB HDD.
Method 2: Uninstall Hard Disk Sentinel via Apps and Features/Programs and Features. Look for Hard Disk Sentinel in the list and click on it. The next step is to click on uninstall, so you can initiate the uninstallation.
|Data Wipe Software||Pros|
|Blancco Drive Eraser||Erase data from multiple drives simultaneously Hard drive wipe software with certificate|
|CCleaner||Standard cleaning drive Standard privacy protection|
|DBAN||Free and Open-source|
Hard Disk Sentinel 6.10 (9/2/2023)Is Microsoft Sentinel worth it? ›
The threat detection capabilities are highly effective. - Integration with Microsoft ecosystem: Sentinel seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft security solutions, providing a unified security approach and comprehensive threat detection and response.How do you check the health of a hard drive? ›
Check and Resolve Issues with “Chkdsk /f”
By running the chkdsk command with some parameters after it, users can scan and repair damaged drives. Typing "/f" after the chkdsk command (i.e. “chkdsk /f”), will tell the function to attempt to fix any errors that it finds on the disk.
Re: Health 92 %
No, I can confirm that you do not need to worry. As the software displays the status is PERFECT, there are no problems with the SSD. Yes, the health is not 100%, "only" 92% - but it is still high. number of overwrite passes.
Microsoft Sentinel delivers intelligent security analytics and threat intelligence across the enterprise. With Microsoft Sentinel, you get a single solution for attack detection, threat visibility, proactive hunting, and threat response.What is Sentinel Pro? ›
The Sentinel PRO is a cellular-based autodialer and datalogging system that is ideal for water and wastewater applications.Can I delete hard disk Sentinel? ›
Method 2: Uninstall Hard Disk Sentinel via Apps and Features/Programs and Features. Look for Hard Disk Sentinel in the list and click on it. The next step is to click on uninstall, so you can initiate the uninstallation.What is the difference between SSD and HDD Pro? ›
SSDs are generally faster and more reliable than HDDs, but are also more expensive. If you need fast boot and load times, improved overall system performance, and can afford the higher cost per gigabyte, then an SSD is worth it. If you need a larger storage capacity at a lower price, an HDD may be the better option.How do I stop hard disk Sentinel? ›
Please unselect the option: Configuration -> Preferences -> Load with Windows option. This way it will not start at all, not run/monitor in the background, just if you manually start. On that page, there is an option "Pre-start delay (seconds)", which designed to allow the system to "settle down" when booting.